PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "But that wouldnt be Planetside any more..."
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-12, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: "But that wouldnt be Planetside any more..."

Originally Posted by IceyCold View Post
I will agree that there are a few decisions the Devs had made that I dont agree with, but I think my biggest concern on all this is that people are jumping the gun just a bit to sing songs of doom.
I don't like colossal negativity but I love criticism and actually having discussion over the new features and the game. We don't want a forum of yes-folk just constantly nodding to every idea we see.

Inevitably there will be great ideas and bad ideas, but I want an original game that captures the best parts of Planetside and removes many of its weaknesses. However I still want the essence and core of Planetside, just refined and improved - this is what sequels are for, developing and improving the original, creating a refined product. The best we can do is be a devils advocate for the devs and if we are really lucky we might make them think about something they wouldn't have and we will have had a positive effect.

But still, I think it's important that we pressure the game to be a balanced, large-scale teamwork based FPS, it's good to see squads and Outfits getting fleshed out because this is a good move towards teamwork.