PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is nobody else depressed about having 3 factions again? Wouldn't 0, 2,or 4 be better?
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-04, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Serisno
Private

Re: Is nobody else depressed about having 3 factions again? Wouldn't 0, 2,or 4 be bet

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
EVE is a bad example, because despite people's choice of race, it's not a restriction on who they fight with or against. The vast majority of fights in EVE aren't Minmatar vs Caldari vs Gallente vs Amarr.

I think 4/5/6/7/8+ empires could work in PS if it could work anywhere. You'd just need enough continents that were large enough and some system that meant having them all be part of the same fight at once wasn't very likely.
You know thats true. I guess I wouldn't want a 4/5/6/7/8 faction game. I can see how it would be hard to make that worthwhile for every faction.

So in summary I can see how a 1/2/3/4/5/6/7... faction game will always have some drawback. I guess the devs chose 3 to pick the lesser of 7 evils.

At this point I'd say I'm really just down to wanting one of two things...

1. Use the Eve faction system. Which is: Don't force people into factions, let them make their own. (I'm going to hold onto hope that this could be implemented "later on in the story". I think I remember Smedley saying that there would be some big changes between release and what they envision the game to be years down the road.)

2. Use a 3 faction system on "some worlds" and maybe have an "outer territories" area where the factions have zero presence and everything is run based on player created factions. (Basically the faction system and the eve system living side by side.)