PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - head shots!!!
Thread: head shots!!!
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-09, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Warborn
- Because the sniper is far away and concealed in the terrain, the Medium armor has absolutely no idea where the sniper is. Even if he did know, it would take him at least 30 seconds to get within reasonable distance of the sniper for his assault rifle to do serious damage. In that amount of time, the Medium armor could have been killed again.
As i said in a later post

And of course this is considering headshots require a good amount of skill and you can't sniper someone from 5000yards away.
I very much doubt the Devs will let you snipe from very very far away(at least i hope they are smarter than that) and there's no prone position so the snipers aren't concealed by terrain that much.

Any sniper rifle in any game should be hard to use accurately but if succesful deal great damage. Headshots should be powerful but hard as well. Like you said the player should be dangerous not the gun so it should require the player's skill to hit on target. It's not about taking out a squad by yourself it's about using a worthwhile weapon, why should you use a gun that can only shoot 1 shot per clip if it deals 5% damage even on an incredibly hard headshot?

The key thing is to make headshots harder to get not lower the damage they deal.