PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 2 Steps Forward; 1 step back
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Wahooo
Captain

2 Steps Forward; 1 step back

Overall I think this patch has improved the fun in the game a bunch. People are fighting. People are trying to defend. A small organized group can take an AMP station from a larger disorganized group, but zerg v. zerg the AMP station is defensible.
I logged on and skipped around all three empires some and things are better. Three different servers for several hours off peak I was able to find a good fight that wasn't just the crown. Generally good 2 empire fights, I wasn't sure this would happen ever. I'm amazed really that the base design tweaks alone seem to have helped the pace of the battle to really slow the speed the front line moves across the map to a nice point. Not too slow but not the endless ghost capping caravan either. Really a move in the right direction and I see a bigger impact than I was expecting. The increase in the terminal locations is great, I'm not a huge fan of the implementation of the tunnels but they are a big step in the right direction.

The step back? Bugs. I can't say much about the performance issues a lot of folks are talking about, I already play on a laptop with a graphics card that is below recommended specs so dipping below 10 fps isn't new to me.
HOWEVER: weapons suddenly stop doing damage? I thought I was just getting tired and bad... went on a horrendous getting my ass kicked streak until I was point blank with a guy and we exchanged rounds when I died I see he took no damage. I wonder how long that went on? I don't see all of the weapons available for purchase on all my accounts. Flash doesn't even appear. I can't re-fill my med-apps. The new color scheme thing is horrendous. I liked IFF red enemy, blue friendly, green squad. I liked map icons and terminals and capture points empire colors. Can I get that back?

Introducing new problems that seem unrelated to the fixes has always seemed weird to me.. but at least my jet pack doesn't crap out anymore.