PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music

Originally Posted by Rodney Gates View Post
The empirical Terran Republic will be treated to an epic orchestral score, which we are actually recording up in Seattle here within a couple weeks (yes, we are doing a bit of the behind-the-scenes footage capture for this).

/snip

But don't despair if you think this sounds like a departure from the first game - we employed full use of nostalgic thematic material across the board from PS1, and I think you will be delighted with these renewed treatments of classic themes that you know and love.
Lovely. Most of us have already listened to the demo soundtrack that some resourceful character (/cough) uh, obtained at E3. I dig that the TR wound up with a hopped-up orchestral version of the old loading screen music. It's traditional. We're supposed to be the tradition-bound empire. I like that.

But if there's one theme I'd like to make a return -- if it isn't too late to plant the seeds of an idea -- it's 'Desert Dance', also known as 'travel_desert.' Orchestral is great... but when you're doodling around between targets in a desert environment, nothing is easier on the ears than Don Ferrone playing ambient music on an electric violin....

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-07-20 at 03:17 PM.