PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
You want a Mech? There are 3 Max variants that have you ready for almost every situation in the game.
Yes. Maxes aren't vehicles that can be ridden in and repaired. It's like saying "why do we have a fury? It launches AV rockets. The max does that and is fast when running". Different play styles.
Originally Posted by Logit View Post
Mech's are a bad idea, giving too much power to 1 person is a balance nightmare. Reduce the armor all you want, it will just promote people to camp and hide which is what the current BFR's already do.
I don't see where there would be too much power. Reavers camp and hide already behind mountains. Apparently you forgot that. They also hover and launch rockets. The idea I proposed is a balanced system. I also listed many weaknesses and way to defeat them. Just shooting them is enough to destroy components. Even if someone spent certs to get a shield it would be a momentary defense and not a forever effect. Something to turn on for a few seconds. (Like if a reaver comes flying down for an easy kill).

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-07-21 at 03:13 PM.