PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Fan-Made NC Advert
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Re: Planetside 2 Fan-Made NC Advert

As far as musical choices go, try and stay away from pop songs, i know thats a difficult thing to do. But they dont have the kindof multi market appeal, particularly to gamers.

Think of all the Youtube videos of FPS games to Linkin Park, and you sortof get what i mean. Although yours wasnt anywhere near that bad.

Music choice is very difficult, finding somethign obscure enough for people to hear without it having some other meaning is a constant issue that even advertising people dont get right.

Thats why most people go for operatic, or film scores. Theyre pretty obscure, and hit an emotional tone suitable and lift the production value of your video.

If you want to get into video editing, download adobe premiere, its really easy to use. And even easier to add other effects afterwards, the only issue is render times, and getting your export in the right format. But there are plenty of tutorials for that.

Overall your vid was good, dont let nay sayers turn you off doing it. Im sure you learned a few things for making that one, and all you can do is improve.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.