PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-21, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Wargrim
Sergeant

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

After watching the latest match, i have to say that in a close match like this, the scoring system is a bit flawed. With Capture Points being counted at a precise point of time, and so much flipping back and forth going on, there is is a bit of a random factor thrown in. And more importantly, it does not reflect on the overall dominance of a side in terms of Capture Point control over the entire timeframe of the battle / round / halftime.

Capturing a base IS a good indicator of dominance of one team over the entire time of a battle. Because if you did not hold most points most of the time, you would not have capped it.

I think it would be a very good idea to give extra points on a base cap. 1 Point for a 1 Control Point base, and 3 points for a 3 Control Point base.

This would not make a large difference in a match where one team is steamrolling the other, because those extra points are not that many compared to those you collect after each Clash Point.

But in a tight match as the last one, 1 or 3 Points would matter a lot.

IMHO, the over time dominance over the Control Points by a team shown through a base cap should be rewarded. Right now it feels like some credit is lost where credit is due, if you know what i mean.

Last edited by Wargrim; 2013-09-21 at 01:23 PM.