PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Server Names - Back with the Old!
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Re: Server Names - Back with the Old!

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
Oh yeah, the nostalgia...

But taking off the nostalgic glasses, I think leaving out the old server names is for the better. I don't really want all the old PS1 faces sitting on their select few servers, creating just their own little community of grumpy old men (and thinking they do things so much better than those new guys on the other, "new" servers).
Also, "Werner" was never a nice name.

On that note, I'm not too fond of all the oldies getting together on the same server (old name or not) either. There are a few Wernerite groups I'd like to play with and against again, but not all of them certainly.

Let go of the old, embrace the new.
I dunno Rook, as an old Wernerite I'd welcome seeing a bunch of old faces. Primarily because I'm an old git now, and a Werner server would draw a lot of old faces whom I'd feel more at home with. And not because I know every Werner player personally, but because I know they are likely to be of a 'certain' maturity. I have this fear that if I join some random server that VOIP will be smothered with teen and pre-teen F2Players that will get on my nerves and I won't identify with.

Not that I have anything against teenagers, I was one myself, I hope they have as much juvenile fun as I did when I was that age, I just don't need to relive it at this stage.

So I guess the point I'm making is if I'm on a renewed Werner server there's a higher likelihood that I'll find old gits like myself and vice versa.

I do understand your fears about PS Veteran elitism and condescension but that will be resolved pretty fast I reckon, when it's apparent that this is a whole new game, in fact I reckon BF3/BC2 clans will feel right at home and embarrass a few veteran outfits pretty swiftly, hopefully that will kill any of that pointless veteran posturing pretty quick.

I reckon the most relevant experience veteran outfits can bring is showing the way with regard to managing very very large groups of FPS players in big exercises and events.