PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Official PS Wish List
View Single Post
Old 2003-07-06, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
DarthMidget
Contributor
Private

1. Some heavier armor in between Max & reinforced, maybe no extra slots but something that can take a bit more of a beating.

2. A dedicated infantry assault vehicle. Sure we have the Deliverer and the Sunderer, but neither vehicle lends itself well to a direct assault on an enemy position. I want something like a Bradley that can carry a decent amount of infantry and still pack enough of a punch to warrant use in combat operations. Maybe the Deliverer with a bit more armor and a single 75mm cannon or something like that.

3. Some more options for outfits to use their outfit points on. Maybe they could buy super heavy armored transports that carry like fifteen people on the ground. Opening this option for their outfit would cost like 5000 pts & then their members would be able to take a 3 or 4 pt Super Heavy Armored Transport cert. However, such a vehicle would only spawn in Sanctuary.

4. Outfit bases would be nice. You could place them on Sanctuary, or if you were feeling really nasty you could place them on one of our three 'home' continents. However, if you placed them on a nearby continent they COULD be captured by the enemy. They would have spawn tubes and vehicle, implant, and cert terminals. They could only be accessed by outfit members, however, any enemy soldier can attempt to enter them. Furthermore they would require NTUs, would cost 100,000 outfit points, & would have a very small SOI. They could be captured by the enemy, but they enemy would have to hold the base for at least 20 minutes (that's the hack countdown). Once it is captured by the enemy any faction-friendly forces can enter it to attempt to secure it. Also in order to qualify for a headquarters an outfit should have to also have a minimum number of members in game. The outfit base would also have meeting rooms & a special locator terminal that could be accessed by outfit officers to see the location of every outfit member on Auraxis.

5. More continent definition. For example just add a few more locales or things that set the continents apart. One of my favorite continents is Hossin simply due to the fact that the swampy atmosphere, thick forests, and low lying water makes it look a great deal different from many of the other continents. I feel the same way about Ceryshen. Cery's ravines dictate the ebb and flow of battle and put a premium on transport vehicles. More terrain boosts like that would be awesome. Also a nice, sandy desert with miles of rolling sand dunes would be cool.

6. Bring back orbital space stations! If I'm not mistaken before the HART was added the intention was to have orbital stations where players would go & then would drop onto the continents. Orbital stations would be sweet. However, instead of launching dropods they control the orbital strike weaponry and also are able to launch special shuttles that will act as droppods, but can put an entire squad into the same exact location along with one vehicle. The orbital station would be big enough to have battles in also, which would be very important. The enemy would access the orbital station if they managed to lock a continent adjacent to one of the Sanctuaries. This would allow the enemy to take HART shuttles form their Sanctuary to the enemy orbital station. The enemy could never truly secure the orbital station, but they could attack them and secure the command point for the orbital strike weapon and the squad launch pods, this would seriously inhibit enemy capabilities as well as be something many level 5 commanders would be motivated to resecure.