PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Choosing Between Motherboards....
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-15, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Yeah, everything looks to be pretty good.
The PSU is definately powerful enough, you picked a nice CPU and a great choice with the mobo. As for your RAM, definately a good choice, in fact, I just ordered some of the exact same stuff just the other day (and hopefully it will arrive today!).

That hard drive is frickin HUGE dude! Very nice, however, for that price, I would get 2 SATA drives and run them in RAID 0, it would be even faster, and likely have almost as much HD space. Plus, your mobo has built-in SATA compatability so you wouldnt need to buy a RAID card, just reap the benefits of your nice mobo.

As for a gfx card, I would suggest an ATI Radeon 9800 PRO or XT (depending on how much u want to spend). The GeForce FX cards are pretty good too. I've had both ATI and nVidia, and I have to say I prefer ATI at this point simply because its easier to get modded drivers for, and has a bit more config options (tho its been a while since i had an nVidia, things may have changed). Also, ATI cards tend to run a bit cooler. If you wanna OC a GeForce card, ur prolly gonna need a video card cooler, wheras with ATI u wont.

Hope that helps. Again, u made some really great choices on the hardware. PlanetSide (and whatever else you may choose to play within the next year or so at least) will fly on that rig.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!