PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NC just doesn't understand
View Single Post
Old 2003-04-15, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Delirare
Sergeant

phoenix is balanced imho. 7seconds between rockets tends to suck. but no one mentions that, only that it does good dmg and is accurate. No one mentions that anyone doing evasive manuevers can avoid them since the turning sensitivity on them sucks. no one one seems to care it takes like 7-9 rockets to take out an ams. so lets see, 8 rockets at 7second shots (granted every single one hits) so we're looking at about 1minute to kill an ams with a phoenix. i know damn well the vanu and terran guns can do that ALOT quicker. ALOT quicker. sure they cant do it from the range the phoenix can but they have fast refire rates that can do dmg lots of dmg very quickly, while phoenixes get one big hit every now and then. balanced imho. Not to mention while someone is using a phoenix they are fodder for any infiltrator or sniper or anyone with a rifle thats in the area. Phoenix has lots of downfalls but people fail to see them

edit: i almost forgot to mention their complete worthlessness vs infantry, takes 5 sometimes 6 phoenix rockets to take out a infantryman, while the terran av weapon can kick infantry ass in medium range if he's smart.

Last edited by Delirare; 2003-04-15 at 11:56 AM.