PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Matt higby doing a q&a at redit!

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I'm pretty sad to see vehicle hacking isn't in anymore. Balance issues are one thing, but wouldn't it be possible to simply recolor the textures in the shader? At least that would avoid having to load a whole new set of textures. Since it's a relatively rare case it might even make sense to write a separate shader for hacked vehicles, if you want to keep things really optimized in the unhacked case. But that's just some ideas, obviously I have no idea how things are implemented in the engine.

I think it's worth trying to keep in though, it really added some variety to the game and a great sense of accomplishment when bringing home that purple Vanguard.
Sounds more like a budget issue if anything. I would not be shocked to see this implemented into the game eventually with a major update. While I do find the current expert hacking of vehicles speed a bit much, I had no problem with the ADV. Hack one. It was nice driving around in enemy vehicles from time to time. Thats not even mentioning the value it has to capturing AMSes and such.