PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Making this work
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-19, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: Making this work

I am totally against permanently crippled f2p accounts. The way it currently is in EQ2 is that you can't access the best versions of your spells (you can get all levels but each spell has lesser incremental variants). It'd be like not being able to use all mods.

If they choose to cripple I prefer the Lotro way where paying by schedule unlocks everything but non-subscribers can also pay a la carte to permanently unlock features. On top of that, you can unlock everything in game via achievement points so players who don't want to pay for anything ever are rewarded, instead, for fully exploring the content of the game. Granted, it's a lot of work and people usually end up paying but simply giving players the option eases the sting and makes paying feel like a choice instead of a requirement. Important distinction, the feeling of choice versus no choice.

Really tho, I don't see any of that in PS2. If they do make it F2P all I imagine on the cash shop are xp boosters, personal resource boosters (maybe to a locked pool) and vanity items.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.

Last edited by exLupo; 2011-08-20 at 12:01 AM.