PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfit member Cap
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Re: Outfit member Cap

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
I disagree. If an empire had no leetfits to help it it would fail more often than not. You can look at your own empire in the beginning on emerald. VS was always last place, and the only leetfit they had was AC who didn't care 1 bit about their empire (DT came later). However if an empire had no large outfits all the midsized ones would still mainly attack the same targets forming a zerg the leetfits could work around. Leetfits and the organized midsized outfits are what mainly moved the maps in PS, zergfits were for the most part rather useless.

OT - As for a cap, its not necessary, if someone wants to herd all the noobs let em.
While I sort've agree with this sentiment, you cannot last that charge at robo's door. GotR were the single most consistently effective, large-scale Outfit in the history of PS and, particularly under his leadership, the VS on Emerald relied upon them. That aside however, I do believe most large Outfits are too big to be anything but less than the sum of their parts. I'd rather play to my full capability than feel like I was being held back because I was worried that I needed superior numbers in order to win...