PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #283
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Black people are surveilled more, arrested more, convicted more, and receive harsher sentences than non-black people. I'll dig up some references later, but one interesting thing to look at is the difference between powder cocaine and crack cocaine sentencing. Powder typically a white person drug, crack typically not. The sentencing disparity is something like 100x stiffer for crack than powder. It was recently reduced though, I think it's only 10x.

reference

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You clearly live in an area with no black crime. Clearly.
Racial profiling is still kind of racist.

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
http://youtu.be/YOt1wEDy0SI

So now CNN is saying it sounds like he said "Fucking Cold".....again this is an audio expert cleaning up the audio so it's clear...

And the racists still want to hear 'coons'
That's interesting, because Joe Oliver, Zimmerman's friend, says Zimmerman said "fucking goons", and that "goon" is a term of endearment amongst highschool kids. Which is quite possibly the stupidest explanation imaginable.

Meanwhile, Zimmerman's lawyer says Zimmerman said "fucking punks".

And here's CNN, doing their quality journalism and coming up with a third explanation.

Whether he said coons or not isn't important. When I heard the call initially I didn't hear "coons" and it's still pretty vague to me. But whether it's coons or not really isn't important at all. Zimmerman had been addressing the community and telling them to specifically be on the look-out for black people, and his entire justification for calling the cops on Martin and chasing after him was that he was black. Is it some kind of hate crime? Who knows! I'd say the question of whether he was justified in killing Martin is more important, though.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-07 at 08:41 PM.