PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Buggies; what role should they fill?
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-07, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Buggies; what role should they fill?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I personally feel that all buggies should hover. Vanu using magic tech, and NC/TR using thrusters or propellers. Ideally they should control like the tanks in Battlezone2. Making them all hover would give all three factions the capability to fight over water. They should also have some limited jumping ability. Nothing on the scale of a FV, but enough to be able to clear a sunderer, or a base wall if using a hill to ramp.

They should be glass cannons... High dps weapons, but rather easy to kill if you lay a bead on them.

Always the emphasis should be on mobility for these things though. The ride should be glass smooth at top speed, and the gunners weapon heavily stabilized.

Obviously they'd have the same AV/AI/AA capability that tanks and lightnings have.

There specific role would somewhat of a split between tanks and aircav. Medium speed response, but with more staying power and more accessible cover than aircraft possess. They would rove to pick off stragglers or hit the flanks of the enemy. They wouldn't be much good in the heart of a major battle.
That's actually pretty interesting. Acting like a bridge between tanks and fighters.

Obviously the TR and NC ones could be more basic thrust hovering, while the VS one, being a cross between the Magrider and the Scythe, could maybe temporarily gain some extra altitude or something.

I'd still like to see buggies get more passenger slots than before, like having all empires buggies being 3 man like the TR's old Marauder was. Just so long as both gunners get some decent guns.

Bottom line is that I'd like to see buggies be unique, awesome and useful. Why waste development time on them if they aren't going to be a valuable contribution to the gameplay? I think that there are enough potential ways to diversify them and make them fill their own unique, valuable niche on the battlefield though. I'm not too worried about seeing them put in down the road.