PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: SOE announces Alpha Squad
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Re: SOE announces Alpha Squad

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
ok, I'm going to start this conversation off like this. Respect the work that was done if you truly want a respectful response. I may be a dev and I may work for Sony but that doesn't mean that I wont speak my mind when someone insults the hard work that my team put in on this project. It's ok not to like everything in the game. I have no illusions that everyone will love everything we do but if you really want a dialogue with me then you better come correct with the question.
Real Talk.

I understand how lots of people may not like X or Y about a game in development and they want to make the devs hear and understand their feelings.....

but how attacking their work with derogatory statements ever going to help you sell your ideas?

I see this a LOT, on the multitude of beta forums I'm on or been on. Even worse are the direct personal attacks.

Respect and Courtesy make the world go round. If you ain't with that, you're gonna find yourself left behind everytime.

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
The guy didn't like the camo and tried to convey how much he disliked it.
He could have simply said

"Hey TRay, I know a lot of people love this camo but I just never see myself using it, not my style. Any chance for..."

And there would have been nothing wrong with that.

Instead he said that their professional hard work looked like "child's scribbling", was ugly, and a few other unnecessary opinionated criticisms. That's derogatory... ESPECIALLY to an artist.

It's fine not to like something, you don't need to invent insults to convey that though... just say "hey, I don't really like it"