PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-08, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #248
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
In PS1 if you had the same equipment on two different players then skill and circumstance will determine the victor. If you have bonuses applied over time to vets, then that statement is no longer true.
Upgraded equipment wouldn't be the same equipment really. It would just be more specialized equipment. Skill could just be having the right tools for the job. Since you're focusing on two users using the same weapons then it depends how both players choose to specialize. Specializing special assault assault for range over accuracy in my mind would make the weapons good for different things.

I imagine you're thinking of a medium assault weapon though and assuming a person is going into battle with no specialization because they just started the game. I agree it sucks to be them. However unless SOE just gives everyone the full skill tree and just lets everyone start at BR20 and cert how they want we're going to see an obvious delay for beginners. However once they do specialize they'll be specialized and that's the point. Each player will be unique ideally in their playstyle. Or at the very worst all players will choose the same skill trees and become identical. Like I said before though I don't see the point of putting a beginner on the same playing field as a veteran. Being good at one thing and specialized in it shouldn't take that long. For veterans they'll probably just have more choices open to them which is really how players will see their progression and keep them playing.