PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Needs Prone
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-01, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

I like prone, but im okay with it not being there. Though from what ive seen of the map design, youll pretty much always be standing then crouching for cover behind a low wall/baricade. So as long as there is some cover like that, im fine with it.

The problem does arise where say an infiltrator is doing some recon work on a ridge and the only way for her/him to see is to leave themselves exposed from the waist up. So as long as there are these areas of cover, hell even a rock will do, im content without having prone.

Though to argue it makes defense more campy, defense is always campy. The best defense is to trench in. People will just camp but be crouched. So i dont really see a sound argument in just stating "it promotes camping". The main focus in the game promotes camping, bases.

But to have people from popping in and out of prone fast there is a simple solution to that as well. Give prone an animation time. Soldier kneels, puts hand on ground, lays down, moves weapon into firing prone stance. Then just do the same but in reverse for getting up. Enemy lobs a grenade at you, you cant get up to move away in time. So you have a trade off there with mobility.

Last edited by SpcFarlen; 2012-06-01 at 03:56 PM.