PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfit Bonuses
Thread: Outfit Bonuses
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-26, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Re: Outfit Bonuses

The reasons I feel outfit bases don't really work are pretty much what Rbstr said. There are just too many issues with the concept. With the limited bases, it would either have to be first grab, or highest bidder. You would also need an expiration with that system, otherwise they would be owned by a bunch of dead outfits. Unless you let multiple outfits shack up in the same base, however, then you would get every outfit just going straight for whatever is the equivalent of Leza. Then you have the problems with benefits. What benefits could it provide, that would be fun and noticeable, yet not be overpowered and applied to every single base across the board (because every single base would more than likely be owned). What happens when your base is captured? Do you lose ownership or is it still yours when it's retaken? What about when your outfit isn't on to defend? What kind of warning system is there? The way PS currently works, you can knock out a base before there is any warning at all. If the base goes down, what is the point of this all to begin with?

Or...

Have a system that is simple, mostly passive, and easy to implement.

In response the the criticisms of my idea: I'm betting that certs are more restrictive than they are now, more like back in the days of BR20 (Which I'm all for). Making a single point discount not really a big deal, it's more restrictive than just gaining an extra cert point. Think of it as a gift card. We don't know the state HA will be in, so it's stupid to assume it will be overpowered. Besides, if everybody in the game has MA and HA like it is now, that is a completely different problem that needs addressing. Personally I'd hope MA and HA are independent of one another, and are more about specializing. In other words, I hope standard assault really is the standard assault (I'm not saying I want everybody running around with the current suppressor ). Like I said before, my system could be for implants, or other stuff even.

I like the idea of an outfit specific vehicle. Whatever it would be, it shouldn't be some super weapon like the current GG.