PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-22, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Nathaniak
Corporal

Re: Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
September - Resource Revamp
There's the issue. Those who are annoyed by the changes are annoyed now. If the 'fix' is in 3 months' time, then maybe the changes in resource cost should have waited until then.

Personally, I would be fine with very expensive vehicles if vehicles had any survivability. Currently, they die too easily - in my opinion, a single infantry soldier, even if he/she gets the drop on a tank from the rear, should have a very low chance of destroying it. A big part of this problem are tank mines - they should be cheap, numerous and weak, instead of a big all-or-nothing investment. Each engineer should be able to place a minefield of 15+ mines, all of which are small and hard to detect. You'd need ~10 direct hits to kill a stock MBT.

Strong, rare vehicles - that's what I want. Currently, the resource costs enforce the rare part, but the vehicles themselves do not live up. Only the Flash should be vulnerable to a single missile/mine. Other vehicles should require concentrated effort to down them.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Not going to comment on boosts, sorry.

What do you think of infantry, ground, and air all using the same resource?
I would go back to the beta system of polymers, catalysts and alloys, for one. 'Aerospace resources' sounds silly - I prefer the idea of working with raw materials to working with pre-assembled parts, as suggested by the current names. A mix from all three resource pools per item might be nice.

I do like the idea of multiple, separate resources, though. It means that you have more options - for example, you can't build any more heavy vehicles, but you can still pull a MAX. I like that.

Last edited by Nathaniak; 2013-06-22 at 12:48 PM.