PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-01, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Laakus
Private

Re: Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser

Since I spend the majority of my time Harassing I'd like to share my thoughts on this. First, the minor changes like prox radar in the defense options is not exactly huge because when it comes down to it, Im still gonna run comp armor 90% of the time for my buggy. I know that it helps tanks out much more, but like I said, I'm in it for the harasser aspect.

Now to the more important stuff, nerfing our range, I mean, if I went to the trouble to cert out the 2.0x scope, actually have the luck to see a lightning that far off in the distance like on a mountain (that one inbetween crown and xroads comes to mind) and shoot at it in a timely manner cause the saron goes all over the place if you just spam it. I dont think it should be nerfed, I have to stay relatively still for my gunner and that tank still has a chance to hit us back....

Third, have the Dev's ever tried to take on a Vanguard as a harasser when they have BAD coordination let alone GOOD coordination. Its damn hard to do, so buffing their damage and forcing me to get closer than I'd like ( I try to stay at least 75 to 100 meters away, it forces the Vanguard/Prowler to rely on his secondary gunner to kill us and gives us 50/50 odds) is just kinda mean considering I lose over half my life with 1 main shot and an enforcer shot. I mean, depending on luck they have to get 3-4 shots, where as the harasser has to unload 3-4 clips, and thats butt shots which are hard to come by.

As far as infantry, I feel like its balance already as well. Hello striker, goodbye half my health on the buggy. I dont know what that guy who said that we dont blow up to tank mines was smoking because at night, on a bridge or anything like that, Ive died multiple times to them. C-4 is much rarer, but it happens when Im hanging around tech plants picking off infantry while I wait for the cap, and dont get me started on flipping, just thinking about flipping causes it to happen. In fact Im 50/50 in terms of death to flipping as I am with tanks, its annoying but you get over it.

On a final note, if we have a 3rd guy in the back healing us, we deserved to be a little stronger than a tank, think about it. Were still technically the weaker vehicle in terms of armor, we still only have 1 gun to fight back with, we still have to perform as a team, over 2 man vehicles, and its not like the repair gun lasts forever. The driver still has to maneuver in a way that keeps him relatively safe, oh and the third guy will probably get shot out half the time, and if you manage to get all 3 thats 3 kills AND a buggy, its a goldmine of certs. Thats my rant on how I think Harassers are already balanced, most of you will disagree, but Im ok with that, cause I said my peace....