PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-01, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser

Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
I destroy harassers with c4 and and tank mines all the time, its really not that hard. Every point you bring up is extremely exaggerated so trying to make any kind of argument with you is probably a waste of my time.

My favorite however is how harassers never flip lol! You obviously have not spent any significant time in a harasser because they flip all the time as if they had a loaded spring underneath them just waiting to go off after the slightest bump. Sounds like an amazing idea though. Lets balance vehicles by making them incredibly prone to flipping upside down and exploding.

To be able to make balance arguments you need to have spent considerable time gaining perspective from both sides. It's obvious from your post that you have not done that.
Right. You'd want me to believe that Harassers that are hard to hit as it is with fast, projectile weapons can be C4ed just fine lol. What are you going to do, wait on a tree for hours until some really slow and clueless Harasser passes by?

Also, these Harassers just literally swoop over tank mines. They are that fast. If Tank mines and C4 counter Harassers, the outrage against it will be lesser. Just look at all the Tank/Sundy drivers who curse on LAs C4ing them. The difference is those two are almost always STATIONARY when getting c4ed. So no, I believe you're the mistaken one. And do you happen to be TR? Because, TR Vulcan/Marauders are insanely OP. You have to be NC or even Vanu to truly appreciate the devastation they cause.

As for Harassers flipping, lol, yeah if you're flying it 15-20 feet in the air like an acrobat it may flip. Even in those situations, it's rare that they flip. It's far too stable and it has like crazy shock absorbers too. Compare it to my Flash which will flip in a tiny bump. And if you flip on the side (not upside down), you can't exit a Flash (exits are blocked).

You're free to pick apart my arguments as much as you like. If you disagree with it, then post your counterpoints. Post it as long or as short as you like.

PS. We playtested the Harassers in the PTS before it even came out. Do you want me to quote my 'review' of Harassers in April's PTS tests? My point then was basically it was OP and it will essentially replace tanks.