PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfits need to be bigger on Miller
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-06, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Adenn
Private

Misc Info
Re: Outfits need to be bigger on Miller

As part of an outfit that in the past 2 weeks has had around 200 new recruits, and I kid you not, I agree with many things I read here and disagree with others.

- Is there a feeling of strangers with people in the outfit? No. Not at all. It feels like we were together all our life. Some newbies are more timid then others but all in all I don't notice the "stranger" feel you all seem to imagine you get.

- From being a usually airborne infantry outfit we now have all sorts of divisions. Now we always had the divisions but we could never fill them so we all usually were in the same squad (Usually 2 squads, more was rare). Now with the extra 200 members we can have armor and air squads up on some continent while the infantry is on another and with 3-5 guys playing casually with harrassers and with several solo players all at once.

Now the question is...is this a good thing? Older members who always liked tanks can now actually tank. But there is more segregation. Due to our outfit policies we can't enforce 1 game style as well. So it depends on your personal opinion.

-We now also have many more squad leaders. While a plus, many of these squad leaders are new and not as good as older ones such as Hadouken, Chauma and me. But only way to get better is by leading I suppose.

-I personally run daily bootcamps now. Every single day I spend 30 minutes fighting with the new recruits convincing them and helping them set up TS and showing them the basics of the outfit. It sucks but it's my job I suppose.

-A lot more idiots in the outfit who don't apply on our website, always go solo or go in pubbie platoons etc. But all these people will be kicked in our outfit clean up which is every 2 weeks.

- Are we less skilled/tactical? Depends who's in the squad and who's leading it. I'm not going to go into more detail. But I think we're doing nice considering how many noobs we have currently.

-Was it worth it? Yes. Our community was "dying" before this recruitment boom. More and more members got burnt out and we never got new members to make up for our losses. The new recruits along side the morale boosts thanks to all our victories the past week (We won alot more then we loss) led to even old members rejoing our ranks and while we have many problems, it's worth it.

Last edited by Adenn; 2013-07-06 at 08:47 AM.