PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - TKers, griefers, and other trolls
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-24, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
sgtbjack
Corporal

Re: TKers, griefers, and other trolls

Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
Just so you know, In the last 10~15 minutes, he got tk'd about 4-5 times, 2-3 by the same guy chasing him around. And I'm sure they'll have something in place, I'm not to worried
Ahh, up to the point I had watched(which is why I stated I only watched about 40 minutes, cause I didn't want to be a liar lol) I only saw the one liberator fly into his galaxy lol

Which is good, cause aircraft is the best way to grief in this game, but with the resource cap you can't just keep respawning air vehicles to crash into people. I like that they have a resource cap, cause if they didn't you could save up 1 million resources and just crash planes into friendly's all day which would be a piss poor experience.

I'm not sure what the punishment is for team killing is, but since I see warnings every time it happens I can only speculate that they do have some sort of punishment in place(warnings with out spanking never teach kids to behave lol)

I still think the biggest thing to prohibit tk'ing is the in game voice and coordination. If Dbag-69 keeps killing people on his own faction, it will only take minutes to send his name up the chain of command, which can then inform all players on the server to ghost Dbag-69 if they see him, which leaves Dbag-69 raging that he can only play the game for 10 seconds before hes recognized and killed.

My biggest point of contention, is that its beta, so theres no long term ill effects to being a d-bag, but once the game starts all d-bag's will be ran off within months.

COD, and BF and the like focus on small group team play, so if you feel like just being a cock bag, who cares, you hardly ever see the same people anyway, and you don't lose anything for it. This game is different.

If you play other mmo's, like swtor and the like, you can just run your mouth 24 7 because again, no one can do anything about it. There was a d-bag on our server who gummed the chat forum up calling people noobs, and trash for 8 hours a day, but nobody could do anything. If I could've same faction hunted him, I would have griefed the hell out of him. This game, well you can clean trash like that out.

I really do think that tk'ing and being a dbag should lose you certs, making you crappier and crappier