PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How much does Planetside 2 really cost you?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: How much does Planetside 2 really cost you?

I'm about to spend about $600 on a used machine that will be my starting point, it's a few years old but it has an i7 core, 12 or 16GB of RAM, and an ATI Radeon 4850 that is going to be replaced by a GTX 670 (or something comparable depending on deals) before launch. I'll probably shell out some extra cash for a nice headset, wireless keyboard/mouse, and possibly a new power supply depending on what I find in there, I'm guessing total investment to end up around $1,300-$1,500 by the end.

I don't imagine I'll be doing too much visual customization in Planetside 2, probably just whatever my outfit picks, any useful camo patterns, and probably a hood ornament for each vehicle. I will definitely want voice packs if they get the Planetside 1 voices, and I will probably buy boosts on a regular basis depending on whether/how they are worked into a subscription model. I intend to kick enough ass that I won't need to purchase the majority of my sidegrades but we'll see, perhaps once my student loans are paid off I will celebrate with a splurge!