PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - looking for gaming computer advice
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-09, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SternLX
Sergeant

Re: looking for gaming computer advice

Originally Posted by klu View Post
wow, a tfs member right here in prescott? tfs was my ps1 outfit. i live in pv
Actually, I live in PV also. I just post Prescott as most people are like "where's PV?"
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Ailos' build looks extremely solid to me. Only change I would do if you wanted to save some money is to get a GTX 760 instead of the 770. Should be plenty for 1680x1050.

StrenLX's build I can't recommend going with the mobo and CPU he chose. Those two alone is fetching $380, while the Intel/mobo combo Ailos has is going for $310 with discount. The AMD combo will not provide as good performance compared to the Intel one, so you're only wasting money going with AMD.
Actually Goku my Mobo+CPU combo I got for $310, before the 4670K was in the Market. I never buy parts at full price. Newegg Promo codes ftw! Just have to keep my eye's peeled for the deals. But ya. Most definitely, if you find a i5+ASUS Mobo bundle on sale snatch that bad boy up.

As for your "not provide as good performance" comment. I disagree, plenty of Core i5-4670K vs FX-8350 shootouts out there show they run pretty much neck and neck stock clocking for stock clocking. The FX-8350 also has a more efficient Memory Bus controller and can handle faster RAM modules than the 4670. The only place the 4670 always wins is Single Threaded performance. Well guess what, the future is Multi-Threaded, and the future is here.

Not trying to start a Intel vs AMD war here but I do like the correct facts to be given. And honestly you can't go wrong with either CPU for a decent PC Gaming rig build. In the end it comes down to personal Preference and Price between the 2 being discussed here.