PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Official PS Wish List
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-06, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Sarin
Private

Nice and contraversial for a first post :

Take out reavers and mozzies altogether and replace them with REAL planes. The closest game I see to PS is BF1942, and in BF1942 flying planes is actually fun, without even killing people.

With real planes we could see proper dogfights, and also it might make it harder for them damn reavers just to sit outside towers covering every exit.

Also:

I am quickly feeling myself getting bored of PS, which is really dissapointing since the idea of the game is so good. The game is missing that certain sense of satisfaction you get from other games when you kill people.

I would like to see a proper reward for capping bases, because XP doesnt really matter once you get to ~BR10. Maybe some advantage for holding more bases (ie if you hold 5 bases you get some advantage over the faction that has 3 bases on the same continent).

Something that would make it easier to hold a base once you get it so the game isn't just a cap base - lose base - cap base - lose base farce. Make it so that a base cannot be hacked if it was capped less than 10 minutes ago. The same should go for continents. All the work that goes into locking a continent and I get no satisfaction because i know that it will be unlocked within 5 minutes, and that it makes no change to the gameplay. A lattice system or similar for continents would be good.

I think the lattice needs to be slightly tweaked to make for better front-lines. We are still seeing that while a battle for a base or two is going on, a lone-wolf goes and hacks another base that is to the side etc.

Better feedback when shooting. When i shoot someone they dont even flinch! that really affects how you think you are doing in a battle because there is no feedback when you shot him. And the weapon sounds are mostly just plain weak. The cycler sounds like a peashooter and it's the best standard weapon. Sometimes i feel like im not damaging people and want to leg it!

Most of all i would just like to see more rewarding combat. When I make a kill in CS or BF1942 a smile comes to my face because i know it was skill that won (well sometimes a bit of luck ). Most of the deaths i experience in PS are being run-over by a vehicle/zerged/killed by someone as i spawn/killed by a reaver because they are all guarding every door on a tower.

The best fight i EVER had was a one on one. In the main entrance room of a base, me and another guy who seemed to have similar certs duked it out for half a minute and i won because i used my grenades well. But even if i had died i wouldnt have been frustrated because it was pure tactics, and i had <10hp when i killed him so it was a close call.

Now if they tweaked the weapons to make kills less based on what weapon you use/whether you are in a tank etc it would be great. Once again i refer to BF1942. The tanks in it are just effective in that game, but as infantry you never feel helpless because one well placed bazooka will take it out. And that takes skill and patience, not sitting in the air in a reaver and unloading ur entire ammo on it. In CS, there are guns that are better than others and therefore cost more. But someone with skill who has a pistol can still take out a beginner who has an M4. That makes the game so much better.

Anyways this post is getting long and boring so i will stop now and await the people telling me that im a stoopid noob .