PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - FPS still terrible.
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: FPS still terrible.

Originally Posted by zulu View Post
Things seemed to improve a bit last night on Matherson after the server population decreased, but it's just as bad (if not worse) today. FPS is awful, attempting to repair vehicles, turrets, or MAXes is frequently impossible, and ammo packs simply don't work unless you stand next to them for about thirty seconds.

Vehicle play is basically impossible right now, as are fights that aren't within ten meters. So that leaves fights within the interiors of bases, which isn't exactly what Planetside 2 is being sold as.

Perhaps SOE should have decided to hold off on the double xp thing until after they had fixed all of the FPS and lag issues from this last patch. That they seem more interested in promoting the game in a dumb "pro-gaming" thing rather than fixing the problems their customers are having is pretty vexing.
I'm not sure they intend to fix the FPS. It's clearly not a priority for them. That's why all we hear about is new rocket launchers and cross bows! Screw making the game playable! Gameplay is extremely important, most of us would play a game that plays great over a game that looks great. Sure we prefer both, but without good gameplay then the graphics don't mean anything. These FPS issues have ruined the gameplay for a majority of us, I think. I wish the PS2 dev team and SoE CEO would realize this and seriously make an effort at making the performance better.
If ya'll remember on release they mentioned that the big optimization patch was supposed to be in January. They said it took a lot of work to do the optimization but it was priority and it would be coming out in January. Then it was pushed to the beginning of February. The notes didn't really mention anything notable and the only people who even mentioned seeing an increase in FPS were a handful on twitter trying to butter up the dev's. I've seen nothing but a decrease since release, every single patch, including that one.

The lag this weekend is server side as well, not the FPS that I think most of us are talking about. That's just a population issue and really puts an exclamation on the reason these continents are capped at 2000 people, they can barely hold that many. The past 24 hours on Waterson/Indar you haven't been able to repair/ammo etc. The good news is that Esamir and Amerish are better. The bad news is my FPS is worse on Amerish/Esamir than it is on Indar for whatever reason.
I know one thing though, the Nanite Repair Systems are invaluable when this server side lag exists!

Last edited by Assist; 2013-03-16 at 02:54 PM.