PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can anyone still stomach this game anymore?
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-21, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Can anyone still stomach this game anymore?

Perhaps I'm just being my usual pessimistic self, but I logged on today for the first time in a few weeks...Well actually logged on and PLAYED for the first time in weeks. Every other time the fight was way too shitty for VS and I didn't even bother to continue playing. Never the less, I logged on and needless to say I regret doing it. The game was just that bad.

I couldn't stand how every fight ended abruptly with the gen being blown, the absurd amounts of grenades, Special Assault Spam, MAXes, vehicle camping and generally lame playstyles the the majority of players I encountered resulted in using.

It's not surprise to me that a game that has been dying for years and the only few remaining people in the population play like douchebags. It's just the extent and consistency that they play like that bothers me.

The issue itself isn't the lack of updates, game breaking mechanics or poor design, it's the community. There's so much senseless, self righteous "FOR THAAA EMPIREEE!!!!" behavior that it's sickening. Playing to win is one thing, but when it totally sacrifices everyone else's in enjoyment in an UNWINABLE game that's when it becomes an issue.

I'm just sort of ranting here so none of this will make a lot of sense, but I suppose the point of this thread is as the title reads, does anyone still have fun in this game? I'm asking this for people on both sides of the spectrum. The ones who are more adamant on "winning" and base capture or the ones more like myself who play more for the sake of just shooting at people.

On a general basis, would you say you actually have fun in Planetside in its current state?

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON