PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-22, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Oty
Contributor
Corporal

Re: Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win

Originally Posted by VaderDSL View Post
I don't have any numbers, but it'd be cool to have supply lines.

So a vehicle/aircraft will cost say 100 resources base (just one example, number not important).

At the warpgate it will be 75% reduced cost, so 25 resources.

At each step out of the lattice the cost reduction decreases, until at some point it is at 0% say 5 points out on the lattice (maybe make it so that the first big base in the lattice from the warpgate is at 0% resource modifier.

After this, any further steps out into the lattice you go the cost increases, until basically when you are pulling vehicles/aircraft from near the enemies WG you are at say 200% or more increase to costs due to distance from your warpgate.

This way you can revert the costs, but make it so that people being pushed back have vastly reduced costs while the attackers have to pay more, it would be balanced as the more territory = more resources but greater costs compared to less territory = less resources but reduced costs.

The stick a few controllable resource nodes around the place which would allow you to disrupt resource flow/links and would give more options for continent defenders, if you could hack a few control points to disrupt resource gain it would starve the attackers, they would have to re-secure in order to continue to gain resources up lattice of that control node.

This way attackers and defenders are balanced vehicle/aircraft wise, maybe apply it to infantry resources as well?
I also like this idea a lot! Post it somewhere where more can see it, in this thread it will probably be forgotten. I think it deserves to be discussed as its own topic for a solution to this!