PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Interesting screen from Chinaside2
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Maneuverability != speed

Prowler is the fastest tank, and I suspect the Vanguard is the slowest, that's another important difference.

There's more than just 4 differences between the tanks.

Here's the advantages as I know it.

1) Speed
Prowler > Mag > Van
We know for sure prowler is the fastest

2) Acceleration
Prowler > Mag > Van
Total guess, but assume it follows the same trend as speed

3) Maneuverability
Mag > Prowler = Van
This reveal confirms this one.

4) Accuracy
Mag > Prowler = Van
We know mag is best, assuming others are equal (in PC mag they are but in slightly different ways)

5) Damage retention over distance
Van = Prowler > Mag
This is the accuracy balance - mag hits more but has reduced damage at range to compensate for prowlers and vans being less accurate.

6) Damage per Shot
Van > Mag > Prowler
Known before this and confirmed again.

7) Rate of Fire
Prowler > Mag > Van
Known before this and confirmed again.

8) Armor
Van > Prowler > Mag
Knew the Van was the strongest but didn't know the order of the other two. Mag strafing keeps strong front armor facing target so Prowler and Mag are probably effectively the same with speed & maneuverability of the two compensating for the difference in armor vs the mag.

Kevmo would have the definitive answer here, but there's definitely more than the 4 listed. I think I'm reasonably close with the above assessment.
Pretty much what I was thinking too. Although I think I'd give the Mag the best acceleration to fit in with its top ranked maneuverability. IMO the Prowler's gear ratio would make it a little slower to get up to speed but once it gets there it can really move.

Gotta say tho that if those graphs are right I'm a little irritated about the Mag's armour. We were told earlier this year that the Prowler was the fastets tank but that the Mag had more armour to make up for it. Now that doesn't appear to be the case.

IMO the fastest tank should have the weakest armour. Unless the Mag significantly outdamages the Prowler up close, all the Prowler would need to do is run straight for any Mag it sees, since the Mag can't outrun it and can't take as much punishment.