PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Twitter holders get in 2-3 weeks from now?
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Crator
Major General

Re: Twitter holders get in 2-3 weeks from now?

Originally Posted by MooK View Post
1.) Many people were under the impression that there was a cutoff date. Therefore, why would we pay for an abandoned game, which is arguably in a very poor state?

2.) Why should I pay subscription to a dead game, on top of hundreds of dollars in subscription costs, a PC Gamer magazine, as well as a great deal of my time in the past twelve months participating in the overhyping of this game?

3.) Why would I want to encourage the concept of "Pay to Enter" a beta, when there is an abundance of criticism for PS2 being a "Pay to Win" game? I don't want that. I want there to be freeform competition based on skill. I don't see how encouraging this business practice would ensure that.

4.) I'm a May 23rd 2003 sign up, with plenty of time under my belt. They clearly do not want my immediate opinion on the game, or they would have written a very simple routine to (1) check for an active subscription date with a cutoff ensuring diehards and supporters get in, (2) check for individuals who have spent a great deal of time in the game (I expect that this is recorded in their database, beyond continous subscription cost--maybe time played.)
Of course they should've done something like this. But they didn't. I think most people would agree with this. SOE just wasn't straight forward with what they were doing and gave us the info via Tweets.