PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Nc...
Thread: Nc...
View Single Post
Old 2003-08-29, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Not saying this as just NC, but Vanguard really is not all that fast-fireing.

I would say up the Prowler RoF and leave the van alone. Tanks are ment to have superiority on the ground. Thus you cannot solo a vanguard in agile armor.

On the heavy buggies, they are all very deadly , yes, even the thresher can be powerful, but it still needs a bit of a buff. Maurader/enforcer are extremely powerful and are both well-suited to their role, fast, powerful, still kinda weak compared to main battle tank.

Again, do you expect to be able to run around in agile and solo two people in a tank/heavy buggy and have a good chance of coming away? the reason that they are 3 certs, require gunner, and can only be bought at bases with tech plants is because they are ground SUPERIORITY vechicles. they are ment to allow 2 people to occupy a large number of the enemy.

(on the same token, the reaver can also be concidered to be in the same supeiority class of the heavy tanks and buggies. it is not realistic to expect an infantryman to be able to take a reaver down with ease (even if he has a striker) without some kind of aid. )

Jackhammer? all it is is a fast-firing sweeper with slightly more damage and an alt-fire. All I would say is take away the alt-fire or give a fast-fireign mode to alll the HA. That whoel thing iwth agile-jackhammer-suge? I have done it with a sweeper with similar effect. Only difference is sweeper does not scatter as much and you have to place your shots better. (though for 4 certs that is what you expect)

Recap:

NC is fairly well-balenced; all I say is improve RoF on prowler by a couple parts of a second.
Thresher need a bit of a damage buff to stay on-par with enforcer/maurader. (hot damn that thing is mobile though, climbing mountains with ease)

Jackhammer? drop alt-fire or give all HA alt-fire, MCG, faster rof with no cof difference from normal mode while stationary; lasher, drop AV damage even more and give alt-fire that does more AV damage than current. (Get it, NC, lotta power in short period, longer fire time, MCG higer RoF with less bloom, Lasher flexable with little effort.