PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cloakers and jacking
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-06, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kechiro
Private

Re: Cloakers and jacking

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
Oh, and I too would love to see a cloaking ghillie suit available to snipers, and I hope that the Devs create the sniper class(es) to have more of a sniper/scout role.
This.

I think maybe an actual "cloaking" device might be a bit OP'd since we're at ranged anyway. Though I'm rooting for something like a weapon upgrade or something that conceals "muzzle fire" to keep us off radar while shooting or a lighter gun upgrade to conceal movement. Just something to give us some form of hiding to keep those really good positions good positions a little longer.

My only worry is how sniping will be done in this game as opposed to PS1. I'm assuming head shots will be insta kills from a sniper also. So we may get nothing but that as our little perk.

I mainly just hope that they keep sniping a viable form of combat given the number of players and such that will be on the field. On PS1 I've turned myself into a combat sniper of sorts, taking my rifle into stairwell battles and getting kills that way (hard to do since you also run the risk of TKing quite easily).