PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
camycamera
Major

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
- Power Supply Lines sound great. I like they are adding logistics now.

Drawback: I expect a rise in vehicle team killing with this. They need to buff up the grief report system in anticipation of this.
Vehicles need ownership tag and kill tag so we know who's doing the shenanigans.

I see vehicles blocking paths to the charging/dumping station to players alts being abused to add to power drain.

nah, i wouldn't think it would do that. it hardly happens, at least to me anyway. and i doubt "those" people wouldn't end up driving the ANT anyway, organised squads would.

Drawback2: As some would say, how do attackers get their resources if they are in an unfriendly hex? I fear this could turn into Defenseside, where players only go on defense to get their resources.

- Continent Lattice (current design). I'm wondering if the spread out population is enough with the added continent + BI. So, are we expecting more server mergers?

probably.

Drawback: Home base is bad. Forcing players to play in certain continent is a terrible design. Give us an alternative Warpgate "locking" mechanism that is player-driven. I've suggested before a mechanism of pushing WGs in a WG-BI-WG line (where the BI WG is only activated when a WG is captured, thereby "pushed" into the BIWG). If WG has been pushed twice, it becomes "locked". This removes the necessity for a locked, Dev mandated "Home Base".

Drawback 2: No rotation? Allow Home base rotation. Many players prefer Indar, such as myself. Esamir and Amerish have their fans as well. Simply locking a continent to a faction is inane. Rotate them like every 4-6 months.

once we get more maps i bet we will see sanctuaries. sanctuaries from PS1 are essentially little home bases for empires, and people could use them to go to which continents they want by going through a warpgate.once it is in, there would be no need for warpgate rotation, because it would be more player driven.
so, yeah.