PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-30, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

Originally Posted by SArais View Post
All I'm seeing from you BFR-Bashing lot is a bunch of whiney little kids going "WAAAAAAAAAAH I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!"
Funny, that's what we read in your posts.

But if that is truly what you think is being said, you're comprehensive reading skills need some work. :|

Trying to do away with a list of practical arguments as whining is just pathetic. You're not making yourself heard here. Especially not since you're not open to any form of compromise, not open to any change to BFRs yourself (hypocritical, but worse, it's still all due to admitted ego-centric argumentation of what you personally want, with complete disregard for others who "must adapt or die". Using that type of argument alone means you lost all credibility), nor do you even remotely accept nor respect that people simply don't like the implementations of BFRs thusfar (and the original in particular) and you behave incredibly insulting.

Your claims that you only ran into 2-5 people that disliked BFRs is ridiculous, considering my entire outfit of 120 people is against them and refuses to operate them, save one person. And apparently you're selectively blind to the hundreds of posts of people leaving over BFRs not getting nerfed or removed. I expressly recall loads of furious tank, buggy and ground transport players demanding huge nerfs (especially to the FV variant and solo variants), within months, or they'd leave, giving SOE the benefit of the doubt. After two months, some fixes were made. This was FAR too late and the pops had dropped to a point where natural attrition of players would eventually make it die, since there was no marketing campaign to get new players in, players that left told other people not to join due to BFRs and SOE was distracted by EverQuest II, because just as everyone was getting mighty pissed off at the BFRs, World of Warcraft came out.

Apparently, you didn't notice the player statistics playing dropped by around 50% in two months upon the introduction of BFRs and dropped by approximately 75% in the months following, with the population only stabilising, but never recovering, let alone rising, after the BFRs got nerfed.

BFRs were simply unwanted. Deal with it. You, as a regular user, are one of the few people with an extremely favourable bias to them to the point you'll rub it in to others that you could beat them.

If you think the BFR is comparable to a jackhammer or MCG, then you're an absolute idiot who due to pink goggles didn't see how strongly a group of BFRs would completely remove any dynamic flow from the battle and would cause camping on bases and considerably worse boring stalemates in outdoor play, where a lot of units that required more teamwork than BFRs became simply unviable over night. The MCG or JH never made the Sweeper, Gauss or Cycler redundant, nor did they stop these from being competitive.

Last edited by Figment; 2014-05-30 at 10:01 PM.