PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Upcoming JH Changes?
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-19, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Time to quit arguing about the JH. Smokejumper already admitted that the JH is SUPPOSED to be the MOST powerful HA in the game, AND the ONLY weapon to one-shot kill. So, there will be no changes. All of you who argue statistics about how good the JH is and the imbalance in kills, well, your right and the Devs admit it. Those who try to defend the JH by twisting the facts, well, you can stop now, since the Devs admit it to be unbalanced and wont be fixing it anytime soon.

Edit: Forgot the link: http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/001209.html
I think you are misunderstanding what Spork is saying here, in relation to the thread that it is posted in. He never said it won't be changed, just that it won't be changed "significantly." So expect the triple shot "fix" to be coming, just like Smoke explained earlier. And at no point have the devs said that the JH is imbalanced. The fact that it is the most powerful weapon in the game does not inherently make it imbalanced. Balance must be considered by looking at the entire picture, not just where the JH excels. I'm not going to argue balance in this thread though. I just want to clear up what Spork is saying there. Basically, yeah it's the most powerful gun, and they won't be nerfing it significantly anytime soon.