PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "Higby pls" process explained
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-21, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: "Higby pls" process explained

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
well, what did they learn from 10 years of planetside 1?
next to zero! they took all the stuff that didn´t work over to ps2 and scrapped all the things that worked great and made the game so much fun.
I agree with you, it does seem like many things that were working for nigh on a decade were dumped; throwing the baby out with the bathwater for lack of a better analogy. Hell I've even said pretty much what you've said on this and other forums.
Over time though the shift to reintroduce systems and mechanics from Planetside, such as lattice, has proven to me at least that even if SOE hasn't jumped to straight up remake Planetside, they are at least learning from their mistakes.
Not to mention, by the time it's (Planetside) gotten to the point where it is now, 10 years down the road, the game can be incredibly complicated. It's difficult to remember that when you're immersed in the game but trying to explain the intricate gameplay to someone new can be difficult.
Launching with reduced complexity has, in my mind, been beneficial for the game. If we picked up right where Planetside left off then I firmly believe that the game would have a substantially smaller player base than it does now.
That said, where's mah Global Lattice (with proper cont locks)?!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast