PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Death of Compromise
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: The Death of Compromise

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Abortion, Death Penalty, Bailouts, Gitmo, War on Terror, War on Drugs, income taxes, Equal Marriage...
Abortion - Perhaps, but things get tricky in the late term where it could be argued that the fetus can be made viable with no further contribution of the mother. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not qualified to say when that is.

Death Penalty - Agreed, either you sentence convicts to death or you don't.

Bailouts - What? There's lots of room for compromise here. How big? to whom, and how often? Funded by what? Is there repayment? How much interest?

Gitmo - Partial agreement; either you close it or you don't.

War on Terror - Again, what? There's... I can't even begin to detail all the ways there could be compromises made here. What kind of scale? What countries is it fought in? How much money do we set aside for it? Who are we hunting, and why? On and on...

War of Drugs - See above.

Income taxes - Please tell me you don't honestly believe it's a question of either we have them or we don't, with no gray areas. Please, please tell me you understand that much.

Equal Marraige - I'll agree with you there. Civil rights are all-or-nothing. Either you and I both get to have cookies, or nobody does. It's not fair if I get cookies and you get none, just because I was born with blue eyes and you weren't.