PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - cloak for stationary vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

Re: cloak for stationary vehicles

i would think that there would be certs if not at launch then at a later date for if not cloaking vehicles, then at least stealth.
options could be thinks like:
-silent running (vehicle is silent, weapons on the vehicle are muffled rather than at full volume)
-radar dampening (your vehicle would not show up on radar unless at extremely close distances from the thing projecting the radar)
-camoflage will already be in gme to some degree through skins/ paint jobs
-cloak (stationary invisibility)

i believe the vehicles i saw in the e3 videos and alpha videos had 3 slots for these types of things. which would fir perfectly and using thse make a truely stealth vehicle, or make the radar and silent things the same slot forcing you to pick one.

and if the cert system has levels to it, these things could be upgraded incrementally.
-the silent engine one could start out cutting your vehicle engine sound in half, then full and then full engine silence plus half gun sound.
- the radar dampening could start out where you start showing up after entering withing somthing like 75 yards, then cut down to 50 and finally 25.
- the cloak would probably be like the infiltrator cloak (or at least how i hear it works, ie. degrading with movemnt) starting out for stationary only targets and then upgrading to moving targets which could then branch out to better stationary cloking by 50% and movement by 20% or a stay cloaked while firing, or even a stay cloaked longer upgrade. meaning it would have one upgrade and then a second upgrade which branches out between 3 options.

the cloak could be justified as nanobots or cameras or w/e project the image of whats on the other side all around giving the sense of invisibility

Last edited by Duskguy; 2012-08-08 at 03:32 PM.