PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No wonder the world hates us
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Re: No wonder the world hates us

Malorn you got some great posts, but I' gotta say;

What America does doesn't affect the way people see America.
I have no idea how you conclude something like that...?

WWII also showed us what happens if you ignore tyrants or try to appease them - they take more and more. That's what Hitler did, and later we saw the oppression of communism. We can't sit back and let the world go to hell, and we certainly can't let another country go to war against us by proxy of terrorists (Taliban). Saddam may or may not have had weapons of mass destruction. But he did and would have done far more death and suffering to his own people than US involvement has done in the last 9 years. The man killed entire villages and used nerve gas on his own people for no other reason than they weren't the right ethnicity or religion. He used UN food money to build palaces while his people starved.
I believe they call it "the war on terror" these days. WE are the problem now.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing."
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

"There's a lot of evil in the world and it will happen whether the US intervenes or not. We have the power to stop some of it, and prevent it from developing into something much worse."
I'm pretty sure much of the "intervention" you mention has in fact been the worsening development.