PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-02, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #503
GTGD
First Sergeant

Re: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!

I'm a fan of having the ability to self heal/repair. The fact of the matter is, if you need to sacrifice firepower for the ability to heal/repair, there is going to be a severe shortage of support. Not all FPS players are so self-sacrificing for the good of the team. Just look at the zerg, the only reason they even cert it is because it helps them zerg better.

I also don't think it is going to slow down gameplay. They said the TTK is going to be quicker, and if you're in the middle of a fight, you probably won't be able to run and heal until after the shots stop. There won't be this "running up and down a stairway" crap.

Secondly, I would really urge the devs to include vehicle boarding/exiting animations. I know it would cost more and take time, but it is so important on so many levels. How do I tell whether the driver or gunner got out? It can also be abused, especially if it is instant. Taking fire? No problem, use the vehicle as cover and if you get hit just instantly board! +1000 armor. Then after a few shots have been fired and the enemy reloads, jump back out in an instant and kill them.