PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why is NC winning?
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-26, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SandTrout
Try turning on audio amp and tossing around a couple plasmas or HE grenades. If rocklet's your taste, switch to secondary and blow his feat off.
LOL... know why no one does this? Cuz it does not work. After you launch the 1st plasma the JH will surge in your face for a tri-shot... the JH user will then have plenty of time to heal the minor damage from 1 plasma grenade while you respawn... of course that's "best case" senario assuming you are camping/defending with Audio Amp... reverse those roles and it becomes an even more amusing joke. Thanks for the laugh though.

Originally Posted by SandTrout
Wrong. Just plain wrongThe splash from a vangaurd shell will not one-shot infantry any more, this is part of the balance pass. The splash may do more damge, but it will not kill a rexo or agile. This is a fact as posted from devs and anticdotal from my experience. Prowler has the best AV DPS as well fool.
Well, the Vanguards I have gunned for have no problem splash killing infantry... not sure what you are doing wrong. Perhaps the one shot splash kill radius was reduced, but I know I dont need a direct hit. With the Prowler neither splash or a direct hit kills a Rexo. Against motionless vehicles the Prowler might have the edge with TTK. But, against a moving and fighting target you can't beat that 150mm and more importantly the non-jumping crosshair for superior accuracy. Not to mention that a "squad" of Prowlers is 3 Tanks vs. a "squad" of Vanguards is 5 Tanks... That's complete ownage.