PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What do you think of this? (Class System)
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What do you think of this? (Class System)

Jack, that's already in the game:

Originally Posted by JackEarthrider View Post
Now I think another way you could go about doing this is to make 3 slots for Edit -Implants which make it so that your character has some sort of niche to it without instantly being OP.

Some of these Edit -Implants would be obvious (faster foot speed, faster reload, more resitance to damage, faster rate of fire, more inventory space, faster healing, faster repair, faster vehicle speed, more vehicle health, etc etc etc).

The point would be to make sure that their were a ton of possiblities, but only like 3 could be selected. That way someone could greatly enhance their "role" by selecting certain Edit -Implants without suddenly becoming good at everything.

Of course you would want to make sure these were only things you could implement at the sanc (to keep people from rotating it all the time) and you would want a cooldown like on the certs for rotation (to keep ppl from becoming the jack of all trades guy).

Anyway, I think thats an interesting solution that would add more dynamic and character strategy without making veterans OP and at the same time help suppress the "jack-of-all-trades" team killing attitude.
Could do with a few more ideas for them though, but its already there.