PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Questions for Pro7
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
XenocX
Private

Re: Questions for Pro7

Thanks for doing this Basti. And I think it's worth highlighting to the devs that a lot of the reason for the concern is that they have done a fantastic job of involving us along the way; to then discover we are going to be dealing with an intermediary who is an unknown quantitiy in terms of support and feedback is a little unnerving.

My questions:
1. If I post a question on the SOE forums regarding PS2, which subject areas am I going to be referred back to ask Pro7 instead? Is this move essentially going to devolve the entire PS2 project in Europe away from SOE?

2. If - on the highly unlikely offchance - the EU rollout goes to crap (lets just say I'm considering the extremes; hardware faults, uptime issues etc), is there contingency for SOE to step in, or are we stuck with Pro7 regardless?

In other words, I trust the PS2 team to have expectation of what the game should be like. If it's not like that for EU players, is there any recourse, or are we (and indeed the PS2 devs) stuck at the shitty end of the contract stick?

I guess, ultimately, it comes down to the question - do they actually care about the game as a game, or is it just a cash cow to them? But that's a question that we're not going to get an honest answer to before we see how they deal with hosting, community support and feedback.

Last edited by XenocX; 2012-07-17 at 01:15 AM.