PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So is C4 getting nerfed or not?
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-18, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
KarrdeBRBU
Corporal

Re: So is C4 getting nerfed or not?

C4 better not be getting nerfed. C4 is really not a problem. First, it's crazy expensive. Second, it goes away when you respawn (which I think is silly). Instead they should just give the detonator a much smaller range so you have to be close enough to use it. Ergo I die before detonating it on that sundy, I need to get back into the same close range to blow it. You shouldn't lose 200 res like that. Third it takes quite a long time once dropped to actually detonate it.

Yes, it one shots MAX Suits. This is not OP considering what a MAX can do. Also it's a good counter to a MAX with engineers all over them. The only other serious threats to a MAX are Decimators and stock launchers in groups. Also, observant MAXes can easilly get out of the way before detonation. The problem is most people simply are oblivious.

Yes it can one shot tanks with 2 bricks (200 res btw). Again, this is not a problem. If you're standing still long enough for me to jump off the base/hill/mountain, jump jet down, plant 2 c4, and get to a safe distance before blowing you up, you deserved it for making really bad decisions. Keep moving. At best, if you move, I'm gonna get you with one brick if I'm well positioned.

Long/short, C4 is a powerful tool. It's also crazy expensive to use on a regular basis. Also a lot of kills with it are on people who simply lack the situational awareness to see what I'm doing, and I'm not exactly being subtle about it.

*edit*

Also, overall, I think the game, barring some silly changes made in the last while, is actually very well balanced at this stage. Now I wish more players would stop FotM/4th factioning and actually join TR on Matherson so the pops get better evened out.

Last edited by KarrdeBRBU; 2013-07-18 at 10:34 AM.