PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-24, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
Function before form. You have to ask: "What purpose would this serve that is not already covered elsewhere?" None. Design decisions based around how cool something is always fail or, at least, have to be completely retooled down the road.
Why not just have a cool form? Theres no single vehicle in the game that can be sacrificed to make a mech? All are important? Why does every single vehicle from Planetside need to make a triumphant return in the sequel?

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
skyguard needed 2 people....... unless you wanted someone sitting on the lighting roof?

My point was that realism arguments are kind of silly when the current planetside vehicles don't even act in a realistic way. There is zero reason the skyguard needed 2 people in the established cannon of the game. Lightning existed. It had a driver controlled turret. The technology exists. It would have been no issue to switch to a different gun on the turret.

The game is full of arbitrary decisions. So what if the mech is implausible in real life. Half the weapons of PS, perhaps more, are completely implausible, or work in a way counter to all logical sense.

Some people like mechs. They think they look cool. I agree, they are. I also agree they would not be a major war fighting platform. Don't care.

This thread is nothing more than BFR hate for the sake of it. If the BFR had been just a super large tank, nobody would care. There also wouldn't be a rally against including tanks, since they already existed.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-07-24 at 07:22 AM.