PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide - How much Longer?
View Single Post
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-11-23, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SporkfirePS
PlanetSide Alumni

How much longer do you think PlanetSide will last? Post your reasoning and projections here.

I think it'll last up until HL2 releases in March 2004, if that long.
Yea, I remember when EverQuest put Ultima Online out of business and then Dark Age of Camelot put EQ out of business and then...

Wait, never mind.

PlanetSide is still a maturing game, and it's way too early for the sky to fall just yet. We've been holding steady with decent subscription numbers for a while. Admittedly, we would like to see some additional growth, but there really isn't this mass contraction that people theorize about. One of the unique things about PlanetSide is that we do not have the same percentage of concurrent users as an RPG (probably because we do nto require the same intense time commitment), which is why people do see lower populated servers.

Our plans extend well into the future with SOE being committed to growing the service for some time to come. We aren't one of the heavy hitter RPG titles like EQ or DAoC, but there are plenty of games that would be pretty happy if they could meet our subscription numbers.